Saturday, November 12, 2011

Girl's Night...DC MOTION style!

last night I hosted a 'Girl's night' for the MOTION student girls from Desperation Church. We had 11 girls attend and had a blast! I realized on the drive back home with them that I had forgotten how much drama comes with being in the 7-9th grade. It was so funny listening to them chatter about who they were "dating", who they had dated, who they broke up with and how many times they broke up with them on a given day.

Oh to go back to the days where that is all I had to worry about ;0) ... And we were in such a hurry to grow up. What were we thinking ?!?

Once we arrived back at my house, we got the car unloaded.

yes, this is for ONE night
Once everyone got in and settled, we had dinner. On the menu....Chili and plenty of junk food!


While eating we spent the time chatting and getting to know everyone better. Once everyone was finished we geared up for the highly anticipated Scavenger hunt!



insructions:
get a video/pic of the following...
Let the race begin!

every team member in a tree...



...under a picnic table....


...and playing 'duck duck goose' on a public side walk





Get a guy to try on a dress
Work it...Work it!

at least 2 members hanging upside down on monkey bars


spell a word using the members of your team...

Time is ticking!!!!



one team member licking a dog in the mouth

ask a grocery store attendant where you can find the diarrhea meds...+5 pts if you ask a young male




give a stranger a noogie

a team member eating a worm


there were several other task to complete, but either the picture was too dark or it was on video...you get the idea. The girls really had a great time doing this. Actually, I did too! I may or may not have omitted posting a video of me chugging a coke and belching. Lady like? absolutley not. For the best interest of our team winning? Heck yes!!

after the hunt we met back at the house and warmed up with dessert

peanut butter cheese ball

cake batter rice krispy treats

courtesy of pinterest!
I'm convinced that website is going to increase America's obesity rate BTW...

the girls ran off the sugar with a game of Basketball, then came inside for a chick flick



I got up and went to bed toward the end of the movie...they chitter chattered on into the 3 a.m. hour.
I can't hang with that anymore ;0P

We got up this morning and I made the girls cinnamon rolls for Breakfast, before packing the car back up and returning them to their parents.

All in all I would call it a success...the girls had a blast, there were no injuries, and most importantly no run-ins with the law.... that's success in my book!

Big thanks to this girl for helping me pull it off
you're Awesome, Amber!
and big thanks to all of the incredible girls that attended! Love ya'll! rest up and see you at church in the A.M.!!!

Roll Tide and enjoy your Saturday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment